So it’s a new year with new resolutions and a new chance bla bla bla. You’ve heard it before, so you know what I mean. I’ve been feeling guilty about not blogging at all, so I figured I’d ease myself back in to it with a short post. So, here’s what I’m up to these days:
– Working hard at the Afrigator Offices
– Working hard on StereoType Records
– Hanging out in Studio with Chad Saaiman writing for Lloyd Jansen‘s debut album
– Hanging out with Byron Clarke recording the amazing songs for his album “Self Inflicted”
– Playing around with design with Alain Clarke for StereoType Parties, albums, business cards and a whole bunch of other stuff.
– Trying to read at least one book a week.
– Swimming – lots of it.
– Not drinking beer
– Rediscovering house music, especially stuff with 70s funk samples
– Being single
– Driving my car (i particularly like this part) –
Keeping my fingers crossed for another petrol price cut
– Trying like hell to keep my new little studio clean and in working order
– Hanging out with the boys and resisting the beer they offer.
That’s all I can think of for now, but hey – the first post of 2009 is now out of the way. Here’s a picture I took at Kirstenbosch Gardens yesterday when I went to see Watershed perform (they were pretty good, but not as good as last time